CAPRI, ITALY ART HOLIDAY WORKSHOP 2018
A beautiful island just waiting for you off the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
2018 DATES: October 7th (5:00 PM) - October 12th (5:00 PM
No fee for accompanied non-painting guests.
On this art holiday, you can choose to paint or to make it a drawing holiday in Italy, or do both.
5 FULL DAYS painting (/drawing if that is your art medium) with 25 hours minimum of tutoring by a qualified tutor.
ALL ART MATERIALS included: Paints, pencils, paper, rubber / eraser, brushes, cup, tape. This Capri art vacation is a watercolour painting holiday, but you'll be able to draw, do pastels, gouache or acrylics as well. Other media possible, including oils, although slow drying times and difficult portability make it a tricky medium on painting holidays.
BOARD AND STOOL provided for the duration of your plein air art workshop.
Stunning EXCURSIONS on Capri guided by your tutor, who will take you to paint (or draw - whatever medium you choose) on stunning painting excursions. New painting spots every day at overly exciting places like Monte Solaro and its breathtaking views, Villa San Michele, Gardens of August, Belvedere Punta Cannone (Faraglioni di Capri). Those who wish to, will also be able to visit the Villa Lysis.
Pre-organisation of the Capri art holiday workshop. We take care of your hotel booking on the island at our preselected hotel, the breath-taking WEBER EMBASSADOR CAPRI overlooking the Mediterranean (Faraglioni view). This beautiful hotel has 2 swimming pools, is located just above a beach, and offers a delicious breakfast overlooking the sea! Different room options are available. You may wish to book at another hotel. We can do that for you as well.
You've been looking for a painting or drawing holiday on the very island of Capri? Well, this is it!
On Azenart's Capri art holiday, you’ll be blown away by this awe-inspiring authentic Mediterranean island with its beaches, beautiful cliffs, hills and typical colours and flavours of the mediterranean. You’ll want to paint or sketch in plein air until you drop! An island so beautiful you won’t know where to look first. Join us for this unforgettable creative adventure. We can accept from 4 up to 10 people on this Italian painting/drawing trip.
Mobility: Please note that although you do not need to be an athlete to join this painting holiday, you will need to be able to walk without strain at a normal no-rush pace anywhere from 10 to 20 mns at a time to get to places. It is also frequent to have to walk up and down steps on the island of Capri.
TRIP SCHEDULE - CAPRI PAINTING HOLIDAY 2018
DAY of arrival (the day before Day 1):
The tutor will pick-up the group at NAPLES AIRPORT, and will take the group to the FERRY. The ferry will take us to MARINA GRANDE, CAPRI where we'll be getting great views already! Guests staying at the Weber Embassador Capri may choose to take the hotel to get the hotel. When everybody's freshened up and rested, we'll have our group dinner.
Every day there onwards will start with
- a sea-view group breakfast at the hotel (guests staying at another hotel will have a meeting point at 9:30 with group and tutor).
- Then the tutor's 15-minute explanations of that day's "work", where techniques are discussed, followed by a demonstration.
- Meals are usually taken as a group with the tutor, but you may choose to go your own way if you wish to. There will be an average of 5 hours of painting / tutoring per day, 25 hours over the 5 days.
- Should this schedule be subject to change, we will strive to make the Capri painting holiday workshop just as exciting.
- Our first painting session will be on the coast. The view, reddish rock and blue-green sea, is pure pleasure, wherever you look.
- Group lunch
- Afternoon painting with tutor and group at the pittoresque MARINA PICCOLA, painting scenery.
- Free time around 4:30.
- Group dinner.
- Painting a major part of our day painting at MONTE SOLARO. Highest point of the island (589 m) which we'll reach by a very entertaining chairlift (don't worry, even 8 year-olds take it) The view is guaranteed to leave you speechless.
- Lunch at Monte Solaro.
- Free time at about 4:30 pm.
- Painting at MARINA GRANDE for a major part of our painting day. We'll paint boats, shops and the coast.
- Group lunch at a restaurant at the marina.
- Free time at about 4:30.
- Morning painting session at the town's centre with the Piazzetta Umberto. From there, we'll have a beautiful view of Capri.
- Lunch at the town's centre.
- After lunch, we'll get ready for an easy-paced 20-minute walk to reach PUNTA CANONNE BELVEDERE, with an overly spectacular view (simply heavenly eye food!) where we'll paint the famous rocks that often represent Capri, the FARAGLIONI DI CAPRI.
- Back to town centre by about 5 or 5:30.
- Free time.
- Painting at ANACAPRI for a major part of the day.
- Free time around 4:30 pm
Those who wish to visit the famous Swedish physician Axel Munth's VILLA SAN MICHELE may take the opportunity to do so. This villa is known in Capri for its spectacular views and villa itself. To die for, or rather... to paint for!
You will also want to stop by at the shops on the way back, one of them being THE LIMONCELLO (a lemon drink specialist). Another is L'Oasi Ceramiche (gorgeous local ceramics).
- Dinner or goodbyes, as some guests may be returning to mainland Italy for further adventures, or a return flight.
That will be the end of our Capri painting holiday workshop. Tutor and guests will most likely feel a pinch of nostalgia already...
Planning my Capri painting / drawing trip:
- Nearby airports are accessible from major European cities. Flights can be as low as £40 when booking early, and less than $400 from overseas.
- Accommodation: Weber hotel (on CAPRI ISLAND) prices are £58 / night pp, double (tax + breakfast included), £95 / night for a single room including tax and breakfast.) We have a few rooms pre-booked if interested.
- Restaurant lunches and dinners (roughly £150 to £200 for the five days).
- Local group transportation in Capri. Local buses (about £5 per day) and Monte Solaro chairlift (£9). Villa San Michele - optional - £7).
- Ferry from mainland Italy (about £35 round trip).
Villa Lysis, courtesy of Capri.net